The Xapo card came into existence since 2014 in the month of April and is considered to be a debit card for bitcoin. The company was set up in the year 2015 in the month of May at Palo Alto, California but recently it is relocated to Zurich, Switzerland. The primary focus of Xapo is to become a leading card in the world of bitcoin and serve a stable base towards the regulatory affairs in a neutral mode for the sector of finance on the global platform.
Xapo Card Features
The first issued debit card for bitcoin is Xapo and is directly linked to the wallet of bitcoin. The claims made for Xapo Card usage seems to be the safest form of bitcoin usage in the form of a debit card throughout the marketplace globally.
The wallet from Xapo and the debit card fits together in a perfect manner and can be used anywhere including stores, online payments, and also at ATM’s for withdrawing cash.
The Xapo debit card is physically available and can be virtually accessed too using the applications on the smartphones for managing the transactions.
Supported Currency – GBP, EUR, and USD.
Has An App – Yes. Users can easily manage the bitcoins present in the wallets and take care of all the transactions and finances from the desktop, as well as from mobile devices that operate on the IOS and the Android platforms using the smartphone applications.
Anonymous – No.
Physical Card – Yes.
Virtual Card – Yes.
Card Type – VISA.
The cost of the Xapo debit card for bitcoin transactions is $20 USD and the rate of currency exchange and conversion counts to 3% overall. The annual fees associated with the card are of $12 USD on a yearly basis which is under a waiver for the initial year of getting the card. The surcharge for the ATM withdrawal is usually more and counts to approximately $2.5 USD for domestic usage and $3.5 USD for international usage. The term inactiveness incurs a penalty or a small amount for tax. The replacement of cards under any circumstances usually incurs a fee that is charged by DHL. There is a small charge of 1% on the purchase of bitcoins but the transaction fee for the network counts nil while transferring and sending the bitcoins using the associated account of Xapo.
Countries available – Xapo bitcoin debit card is available across 129 countries which mostly includes the countries in Asia, China, South-America, and Europe. However, some of the nations that mostly use the bitcoin services are excluded from the list to avail the services. This is for the people in the US, Africa, and India.
With the help of the live design and the ease of use on a daily basis for the card, the Xapo debit card has worked wonders for the bitcoin wallet users.
- The offering of Xapo is all around from services related to storage in wallets, debit cards, and bitcoin vaults.
- The arrival of the card usually takes a period of twenty-five days on an approximation based on the distance to be covered from the location of dispatch. The shipping is usually free when the standard means is chosen, whereas, for the expedited shipments DHL charges $55USD and the card reaches in a short span of only a week.
- Anonymous usage is not completely done as users who are not verified can use the card by providing some relevant personal information.
- There is no limitation for the verified users for online purchases and ATM withdrawals; however, the applicable daily limits are a barred at POS for $20000 USD and ATM withdrawals for $2000 USD on a daily basis.
The account for Xapo receives an advanced form of protection under three security layers. There is an authentication done using multifactor alongside with the security of the cryptographic form and simultaneously the advanced security is provided with the help of segmentation done with the help of a private key. The vaults of Xapo are dispersed globally and are offline in order to serve the best protection and security of all the relevant data and information stored and related to Xapo. The dispersion geographically helps in protecting all the assets and keeps them secure from seizure by the government entities in any aspect.
Support – Support is available in the form of multiple currencies including GBP, EUR, and USD. The debit cards have an assurance of Visa on a global basis which adds to the reliability of the card.
- The use of the Xapo debit card for bitcoin can be done for online transactions and POS.
- The process of verification is up-grading at Xapo.
- The use of Xapo account is free for the verified users.
- The initial launch had issues with the branding of the debit card.
- Due to incorrect currency exchange initially, the Xapo prohibited jurisdiction.
- The exact time needed for verification of an unverified user is not disclosed by Xapo.
Final verdict for Xapo
The overall experience for the existing users is a quiet professional who finds it easy to use due to the live design and easier accessibility.